IHEEM Registered Authorising Engineer (Water) Provision
The Authorising Engineer is an independent professional advisor whose primary responsibility is to assist organisations in managing the risks from exposure to Legionella bacteria in water systems and also from other water-borne organisms associated with such systems such as pseudomonas, non-tuberculosis mycobacteria,
stenotrophomonas, and others.
Harper Water Management Group are proud to be supporting a number of existing healthcare and non-healthcare clients in the capacity of Authorising Engineers and Independent Subject Matter Experts.
Led by IHEEM Registered Authorising Engineer David Harper FIHEEM, FWMSoc, HFSoPHE, MCIPHE, MIIE, MIET our multidisciplinary team provide a range of deliverables including but not limited to:
- Water Policy and supporting documentation review. Undertaking a review and update of your Written Scheme/Water Safety Plan.
- Impartial Risk Assessment appraisal
- Provide an Annual Water Safety Audit and Annual Report as an independent expert assessment of the Client’s Water Safety Management System (including Risk Assessments), testing and sampling, planned maintenance, and overall risks arising from the Water System. The report including a physical inspection of the client’s water system and infrastructure.
- Attending your Water Safety Group, providing bespoke guidance and direction in supporting and improving your ongoing management of water hygiene risks.
- Capability assessment and appraisal for members of your Water Management team. Provide formal signed Letters of Appointment for defined roles (Competent and Responsible Persons)
- Provide direction and update training as appropriate.
- Site-specific advice and troubleshooting, with access to our full team for advice and consultancy as needed.
- Advise the client on all matters relating to the management of water quality and ensure that they are informed of all changes, or proposed changes, in the legislation/recommendations relating to water safety which may affect the client, in general, and the buildings under their control.
Please contact us for further information and an informal discussion on your organisations requirements.
About Harper Water Management Group
Fully independent with a proven history for supporting a range of diverse clients in the capacity of authorising engineers/subject matter experts (Water). Multidisciplinary team, each with 20 years of experience, both nationally and internationally, in water hygiene, management, and safety. Existing retained clients include a number of large NHS Hospital Trusts in addition to leading brands representing the Travel & Tourism Industry, Long Term Care, Hospice, and Leisure & Hospitality industries.